Thursday, February 20, 2014

Clean Parsnip Breakfast Cake

Clean Parsnip Breakfast Cake

As mentioned before, I love my delicious breakfast cake in the morning, but I don't like the same thing everyday. After an adventurous trip to the farmer's market and some leftover parsnips I came up with this yummy creation. For those of you who don't know, parsnips are essentially white carrots with a bit more of a ginger flavor. I was thus inspired by a carrot cake with a ginger(and apple!) twist. I hope you enjoy this as much as I did:)

Ingredients:
-1/2 cup applesauce
-1 medium parsnip grated
-1/4 cup oats
-1 egg
-1tsp cinnamon
-1/4 tsp ground ginger
-1/8 tsp nutmeg
-1 tbsp water/milk/lemon juice
Optional add ins: berries, pecans, raisins, pineapple, chopped apple, shredded carrot(whatever your heart desires:)

Directions: Grease bowl, mug, whatever your baking vessel. Add all ingredients and mix thoroughly. Then... bake(make sure its an oven-safe container) in an oven at 350F for ~20mins ....or microwave for 5 minutes until center is cooked through. I recommend eating it warm after cooling it off with some milk or Greek yogurt :D

No comments:

Post a Comment