Monday, March 31, 2014

Chocolate Cashew Cream


So.. I apologize for my lack of enthusiasm before but oh my goodness this stuff is spectacular! Last night I added some cocoa to my extra lemon poppy-seed cream and after class today I came back and tried it on a banana and I couldn't stop saying mhmmmmm. It's like a light, chocolate mousse that pairs well with pretty much everything... no joke, my friend tried it with carrots and fell in love. This will definitely make something I make again and again, I think it'd also be amazing icing on a cake (oooh, potential recipe ideas:)) It's also really easy to make, all you really need is a blender and it does the work for you. This recipe is not only deliciously decadent, it's also healthy. Soaking raw cashew makes for easier digestion of the nut so you get more nutrients from it. This recipe is also high in healthy fats, low in sugar and high in antioxidants from the chocolate. With this, you'll feel like you're indulging without any guilt... so get soaking! Its not gonna make itself!
Chocolate Cashew Cream:
  • 1/2 cup whole, raw cashews (cover with filtered water, refrigerate and let sit overnight or at least 2 hours)
  • 1/4 cup shredded, unsweetened coconut
  • 1 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • zest and juice from one lemon
  • 1 tsp poppy seeds
  • 1 dash of salt
  • 3 tbsps date syrup(or maple syrup/honey)
  • 3 tbsp cocoa powder
  • 1/4 tsp allspice
Directions: Throw all ingredients in a blender(add the water from your soaked cashews too), turn to liquefy and blend for a minute or until smooth/ desired consistency. Eat and enjoy now or later:) Store in a fridge, covered, for two weeks.
Suggested uses: top fruit, crackers, cookies, ice cream, sandwiches, cake... pretty much anythin with it and be amazed at the wonderful cashew!

No comments:

Post a Comment